Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Thanks to our Guests

I would like to give thanks to all of our loyal guests and patrons that have eaten with us over the years. It has been especially rewarding to me and my family to have so many coworkers come in and share their memories of their time at Mitchelli's. It always amazes me that we have had so many hardworking, dedicated graduates that still hold a special place in their hearts for the "Trat"!

Giving thanks for all the blessings reminds me of our fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner for the Lutheran Compass Center this year. The men from the Center ate and enjoyed a delicious traditional feast, prepared by a 20+ year coworker, Donald Newton.  The foods were partially donated by some of our 30+ year purveyors, including Seattles favorite spice man, Ron! This was all served up in the kitchen by our eldest son and daughter, Dan and Dana. I was the greeter and the dishman.

But the true spirit of giving came from this extraordinary couple who came to us from the Pioneer Square Hotel across the street. They were in for a late night snack the night before Thanksgiving and as I engaged them in conversation our thoughts went to the next day and what their plans were for Thanksgiving. They had nothing special planned so I invited them to join us in our annual Thanksgiving Day dinner service to our great neighbors from the Compass Center at 11:00AM. Well, they were the star servers for 70 guests!  They worked with hearts full of joy and giving. Secret be known, without them we would not have had enough volunteers to get the food out hot! I really dropped the ball - I forgot that Sherry always did the reach out for volunteers! No Sherry, no volunteers! My bad, but wow...I am always amazed at people and their ability to give without reserve! Bless Cathy and Zach, travelers through Seattle who gave from their heart to help make Thanksgiving Day a very special one!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Danny,
    Bless you and Thank you for all you do and for being a Icon in the Seattle hospitality industry for all these years. Besides, thank you for your kind heart and being you. There is no one like Danny Mitchell. GOD bless.
    Stuart Holmes

    ReplyDelete